Thursday, October 9, 2014

How To: Coats Of The Season

It's around this time of the year when most women are starting to go on the hunt for the perfect piece of outerwear.

Every season new trends come along, new options appear in the stores, new styles seem more and more appealing, but when it comes to buying a new coat, it's an investment you shouldn't take lightly. A t-shirt or a mini skirt you might give away next season, but a 300$ coat is something that will stick with you for months and months to come.

Top row: Burberry Prorsum / Dolce & Gabbana / Eudon Choi / Gucci
Bottom row: Balenciaga / Thakoon / Saint Laurent / Tibi

Now, a coat doesn't have to be that expensive per se, you can still go out and give a fun, trendy outerwear piece a try that doesn't cost much, just to satisfy your trend hunger (I get it girls, we all succumb to that one from time to time). But make sure that what you're buying is still well crafted and fits you properly. I just can't stand poorly sewn, ill-fitting coat. Your outerwear is what most people see during fall and winter, so choose wisely.




On the runway I spotted quite a few tendencies on the designers' part: lots of clean cut lines, egg-shaped numbers, capes, plenty of plaid, uncoventional colors and wrapping as well. Designers are definitely pushing the boundaries quite far, making the coat a center piece and not just a cover-up.

Below you will find a series of Polyvore sets featuring some of the best, on-trend and affordable coats that will make for good pieces in your wardrobe. I will also provide you with ideas on how to style them. Keep in mind that those styling options are simple suggestions, there are endless combos one can come up with really so do not rely on those solely.

(click on the little icons underneath each set to shop the items online)


How to: Baby pink coat





How To: Military Parka





How to: Bright Coat







How To: Checked Coat






How To: Camel Cape






How To: Belted Patterned coat






Which one is your favorite? Do tell!
Until next time,


27 comments:

  1. Great collages, Athena! Love all the little details in each one <3
    The checked coat is my favorite, then followed by the military parka!

    Hope you're having a great weekend xx
    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the checked coat, it's very cool and modern but also quite wearable at the same time! The parka is def a casual option that always works! Thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete
  2. Stunning picks and inspo Miss!
    XO
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Love the blue coat . xx

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome looks! Love the cape!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I lived in a colder climate so I could wear more coats! Love that checked one!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where I live it's still quite warm for a coat so I'm holding on to my cardigans and light trenches for the time being! It's not until November that the cold weather reeeally kicks in! Thanks for checking out this post!

      Delete
  6. I am obsessed with coats, and have decided that I want all of these in my closet! :) Love that cape!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cape is really popular these days! I haven't got one yet but I'm def considering buying one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Great coat selection. I do not know which one would I choose....All of them would be the best. :)

    Fabulous 30s

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all these coats!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the coats! it always a chalenge to get a nice coat!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! Fall is so fun for looking for the cutest outerwear as you said. My favorite has got to be that last black & white number! Following you on twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin & GFC if you'd like to follow back! :)

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay
    Bloglovin
    Pinterest
    Twitter
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive styling boards Athena!! I'm definitely your new gfc follower! And my favourite set is the one with the pink coat, but all of them are truly awesome!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I could buy all of them! Great post!

    http://fashionstargate.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The camel fringed cape is gorgeous, that is my absolute favourite! xx

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many fabulous looks for fall!! :)
    xo Erin
    www.winkandatwirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the blue coat

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh i love all outfits . they are so warm, i really like it .... IGreat post

    http://sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving these selections, especially those suede gloves and riding boots!

    prosecco in the park

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely looks! I adore the second look!
    Alessia
    THECHILICOOL
    FACEBOOK
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are some great tips! I need to try pastel pink coat this winter

    http://themirroronthewall.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely ideas! look with a yellow coat is my favorite!

    xx
    a possible fantasy
    -----
    if you follow me via bloglovin', please let me know so i can follow back. thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. I could totally see myself wearing nr. 5! So cute and chic!!
    xoxo EMina

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC and Instagram?

    Blog: www.fashionbyemina.blogspot.com
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/eminamasovic

    ReplyDelete
  22. The fourth! I want this coat!!

    Thebangsbang.blogspot.com

    I really like our aesthetic I followed u! Follow back?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment on this post. I love listening to your feedback. Take care. XOXO