Sunday, March 8, 2015

How to: Spring Trends

Hello my lovely readers,

It's finally Spring! I've been looking forward to it because winter was very hectic and stressful for me. I'm definitely in need of some sunshine and fun. Time to get out more, be more productive, dress a little lighter and why not try a new trend?




Which brings us to the point of this post: spring trends. Every respectable magazine and fashion website shares their own take on spring fashion, so here's mine.

Below you will find gathered a few of the hottest trends I spotted in designers' collections and two ways to wear each of them. I figured that while a trend can look very appealing from afar, sometimes incorporating in into our personal sense of style can prove to be  challenging. It's all about "owning"the look. The woman must wear the clothes and not the other way around.



 Gingham

from left to right: Diane Von Fursteberg/ Joseph Altuzarra/ Michael Kors/ Oscar De La Renta 

Spring Trends how-to: Gingham



70s

top row: Derek Lam/ Anna Sui/ Louis Vuitton
bottom row: Gucci/ Saint Laurent/ Stella McCartney

Spring Trends how-to: 70s



Black & White

top: Diane Von Furstenberg/ Thakoon/ Monique Lhuillier/ Oscar De La Renta/ Milly
bottom: Giambattista Valli/ Proenza Schouler/ Tibi/ Chanel/ Saint Laurent


Spring Trends how-to: Black & White





Yellow

top: Michael Kors/ Carolina Herrera/ Rebecca Taylor
bottom: Delpozo/ Prada/ Alice + Olivia


Spring Trends how-to: Yellow




Co-ordinates

Badgley Mischka/ Michael Kors/ Oscar De La Renta/ Milly


Spring Trends how-to: Co-ordinates




Stripes

top: Yigal Azrouel/ Thakoon/ Victoria Beckham
bottom: Milly/ Tibi/ Prada

Spring Trends how-to: Stripes




Cut-outs

top: Prabal Gurung/ Derek Lam/ Milly
bottom: Christopher Kane/ Giambattista Valli/ Stella McCartney

Spring Trends how-to: Cut-outs





Which trend is your favorite? Which is your preferred way of styling it? Please do share in the comments section below! 


24 comments:

  1. I'm loving the 70's trend. I can't wait to start rocking it.
    Rubi | The Den | http://www.the-den.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Rubi Ani---the 70's trend is by far my favorite! I also love anything with stripes and am a big fan of co-ords!
    You did a great job putting together this post---the outfits your created are so gorgeous!

    Kisses from Buenos Aires xx
    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely looks.

    heels2hairx0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is probably the black and white!

    The latest. Beauty & Colour || Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving all these trends especially the white and black, so classic!

    www.vanessasrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great post, love it :)

    p.s. thanks for your comment on my blog, yes, following you now with GFC, hope you will follow back, thanks :)))

    Brina xoxo, http://sweetstreetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all of these trends! You did a great job picking out items to go with each one! I am loving the skirt in the last one, such a gorgeous choice! Seriously, this post was such a great idea!

    Denise
    www.fashionloveletters.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gingham, 70's, all the yellow! I'm so happy!!


    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. yaaay I love spring too! <3 ur post is best, u have nice blog ;) I follow u, follow back? ;*
    http://nataliexbrunette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving all these Spring trends and look forward to all the colours. Winter has been so gloomy, I'm so ready for sunshine.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely inspiration! I can't wait for warmer weather ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gingham it definitely the one print I'll rock this Spring!
    Great selection!

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a hard question to answer! Ask me which trend I didn't like, it easier! Thanks for introducing me to spring trends!

    sunandsany

    ReplyDelete
  14. I randomly found your blog, but already love it! Everything is so beautiful! Great job!

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Personally, I really like almost every trend from this post, especially black&white and yellow, great post :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the retro trousers that are super wide...loving that trend :) looking forward for getting some this spring:)
    NICE post, thanks for sharing.

    www.fashionmemos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an interesting post! I love stripes in the spring! x


    kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the cut out trend, and I already have a few pieces that I love for spring! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment recently. Just followed you on G+! Hope you will follow me there as well. Great blog!

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect post ,The pieces are so well put together and have created very chic outfit combinations.Your new fan on GFC you are welcome to visit my blog too.Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all your outfit ideas!

    I am following you on gfc, would you like to follow me back so we can stay in touch?

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment on this post. I love listening to your feedback. Take care. XOXO