Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Everyday Casual Fall Outfit Inspiration

Hello my friends,

It's been a hot minute since I did an outfit-centric post. With Fall in full swing, I think it's pretty much obligatory to do one now. I feel like most of us are in the process of building our fall/winter wardrobe at this time of year and a little bit of inspiration can always be appreciated.

When it comes to the colder months, it is that easy to get lazy and opt for jeans and a jumper everyday. I get it. But with a little help you will find that once you put some effort in, the results can go a long way. We've all felt that little bit of satisfaction when we come home after a long, exhausting yet fulfilling day and look at ourselves in the mirror and think: hey, I looked good today. It definitely gives you a fuzzy feeling of confidence and self-love.

Whenever I do these types of posts, I try to keep the outfits realistic for a woman who's in college or work. I also make the effort to address all ages, however I don't suggest that there's only one specific way to dress for each age. I'm simply trying to give options. Take from them whatever works for you.



Everyday Casual: Earthy




I think a button-up shirtdress is very versatile item to have since it can be taken from office to bar in a pinch. This particular military button-up style is very on-trend at the moment and flattering on all silhouettes. The over-the-knee boots give the otherwise conservative look some edge while keeping the legs warm, but if this kind of thing isn't appropriate for your workplace or school, short booties are just as fine.



Everyday Casual: Sophisticated




In this outfit I thought about incorporating the classic fall shades of maroon, mustard and burgundy as well as some interesting textures such as suede, rib and velvet. The turtleneck top and skinny booties give the look a lengthening effect while the wool skirt adds a cozy feel. It's definitely classic but still up-to-date with the latest trends.


Everyday Casual: Professional



This is the most business-y of all the looks. I wanted it to give off authority while still looking current. Culottes work wonders for the office and a tweed texture is bound to add some extra sophistication. When wearing them I prefer high heels to add height and length. A leather jacket helps loosen up the look and make it less strict.


Everyday Casual: Cozy



This is what I call the Casual Friday/weekend type of look. Little details like the patent shoes and mini bag help pull the outfit together so it still looks polished and not sloppy. The cropped jeans and poncho definitely add to that cool effect.


Everyday Casual: Preppy



I imagine this would be ideal for someone still in school or college, or a young woman at the start of her professional life. The tie-neck detail at the blouse adds a preppy touch while the skirt and bag are a nod to the 60s (aka my favorite era in fashion). This outfit is also a good example of how to wear color and print in an understated way.


Everyday Casual: Grown up



Another outfit featuring culottes that is good any hour of the day. I love the plaid print and the subtle pop of color that the bag offers. It's a good option if you're a more classic, conservative person but still want to dip your toe in the current trends.


Everyday Casual: Artsy



If you love wearing print and color but still want to tame it down for school/work try not to mix and match too many colors - because you'd risk looking clownish - and pair with neutrals. Try to stay in the same palette so the whole look is harmonious. A bright orangey red is certain to brighten up those winter blues!


Everyday Casual: Girly



If you feel like you usually end up freezing when you wear dresses and want an option other than the same old sweater dress, a pinafore number layered over a turtleneck is a sound idea. It's chic and comfy and has that utilitarian vibe about it. Pair with block heel pumps for an ultra-modern and trendy effect.

Let me know which of these you'd choose to wear!


20 comments:

  1. I love all these combinations! Definitely the velvet boots are stunning.

    x Karen
    http://dressinginlabels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, these are amazing outifts! The top one is my favourite with that beautiful coat-bag-boots combination! You can do my shopping for me next time :p xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua | Life, Travel, Italy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these outfits you put together! I am obsessed with ponchos and sleeveless cardigans this year and I cannot get enough of them! The grey coat from the first outfit is fab, I want it!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  4. The third look is definitely my favourite. Absolutely beautiful colours. Thanks for sharing!

    www.patriciastelmach.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that bow blouse and the pinafore outfit! You have styled these so beautifully, they are so perfect and autumnal! :D

    P.S Just wondered if you might be interested - I am currently giving away the Too Faced Grande Cafe Gingerbread palette :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful outfit! I really love the one with the knee boots... I'm a huge fan of knee boots <3. Also gorgeous Chanel bag!
    Trend-Mae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your style, love how you arranged the post as well!
    Chloe xx
    thechloebarnes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. I want that bucket bag x

    ♥♥♥
    Follower # 241
    Following you dear, waiting for you now :)
    Will feel happy to see you on my blog.xx
    beautydrugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and chic outfit selections! Love all the coats you chose <3

    xo,



    <a href="http://aikocunanan.com/fall-in-love/>aikocunanan.com</a>

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect inspiration for Fall, I am definitely getting it for tomorrow's outfit!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that embroidered bucket bag in the first collage, it's absolutely adorable! WANT!
    Wishing you a happy new week. xx
    Frederique
    http://fablefrique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that one too! When I picked it out I knew it would be well-loved. It's kinda statement-y but still very wearable on a day to day basis!

      Delete
  12. I really love how you've pulled everything together here! I'm currently trying to update my wardrobe for workwear and you've given me lots of inspiration! I love those Cat flats!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I wanted to do! I am so glad I helped! Thank you for stopping by! x

      Delete
  13. Most of these looks could work perfectly on Leighton Meester's character "Blair" from Gossip Girl (I've been re-watching the series haha). I LOVE how you created these collages too, so original and refreshing to see!


    Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so uch for this thoughtful comment! It's funny you mentioned Blair, because she's always been my no1 fashion inspiration! There's so many times that I ask myself "what would Blair wear in 2016"? I love that you saw that in my creations! x

      Delete
  14. I love all your inspo! Tht otk boots, loafers, blanket scarf, plaid skirt, and more are all perfect fall pieces :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  15. All these are so adorable and so inspiring! I love the tie neck blouse and the turtle neck + plaid skirt combo!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, you've put together some serious gorgeous outfits in this post! The button-up safari-style dress is total perfection, and I love the Gucci rose crossbody bag too :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love every single one of these combinations, I think I'd wear them all :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment on this post. I love listening to your feedback. Take care. XOXO