Saturday, September 3, 2016

Country Strong



Honestly, there's no medicine for the soul quite like nature. 

Every day we're constantly bombarded with horrible news, excessive and often unnecessary amounts of information and heartbreaking images. It's getting to the point where simply scrolling through your feed can be a serious cause of anxiety. 

Hitting pause on that and escaping to a place where the pace is just a bit slower and life seems more simple is a godsent. When I go to the country, all I think of is that tragedy cannot touch me there. I feel closer to Earth, closer to beauty, more hopeful and inspired. Of course that might be just an illusion since tragedy can get you anywhere, but just that feeling of leaving the world's worries behind and surrendering yourself to the grandeur of Nature is incomparable.

I'll always be a city girl at heart but small breaks from the urban hectic life are not just recommendable, they're absolutely necessary for my own sanity and well-being.

There I go, refuelling my batteries for the busy winter ahead. 

We took the main road from Ermioni and walked along the shore until we reached the outskirts of the town and slowly immersed ourselves in the beautiful, rural scenery.

We made our way down to the waterfront and found a pretty spot ideal for an evening dip, if we had brought our swimsuits (mental note for the next time we're there).

top: Zara (old) / skirt: H&M / slides: Mango / earrings: Forever 21 / bag: KEM



We chilled there for a while and headed back up to the main road to continue our evening stroll.


The view was pretty classic for Peloponnese: mountains, golden fields and aromatic bushes (I think the official name is "Pistacia" or "Schinus") make up most of the landscape. I've been to the same spot in Spring and it's such a different view, it's mindblowing. 




If you pay close attention you might spot the moon which made its hesitant appearance.



As the sun sunk deeper and deeper behind the mountains, everything became more moody and mysterious. 




Finally we met with the sea again. Snagged a bench and sat there for a while to chat and relax.



The local flora doesn't disappoint. We turned around and made our way back before it got too dark.

It was absolutely refreshing and mind-clearing. I highly recommend it to all fellow city people like me.


12 comments:

  1. Lovely shots! :-)

    http://makemeupmarie.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice pics :)
    greetings xoxo

    klaudr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely feels good to get away from busy city life and appreciate nature. At least every now and then. These pictures are beautiful!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thank you for the sweet comment! x

      Delete
  4. This is such a nice post! And you've got some gorgeous photos, love them! X

    heart-autumn.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shots! x

    http://www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeking refuge in nature to quite my mind and spirit. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is honestly the best. The more I grow up, the more I see how necessary it is! Thank you for stopping by. x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment on this post. I love listening to your feedback. Take care. XOXO